Ghana’s Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Now 19

Ghana’s Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Now 19

Two were reported from Greater Accra Region and one from Ashanti Region. The three cases are all imported. This was made known Saturday by the Disease Surveillance Department of the Ghana Health Service. Scientists expect the number to rise following three recorded cases of community spread early this week. Meanwhile a research fellow at the Noguchi Memorial Institute of Medical Research, Dr Kofi Boni, has proposed a ‘gradual lockdown’ to fight the virus. Dr Boni wants professionals who provide essential services to be allowed to operate while non-essential service providers…

We didn’t take coronavirus seriously from the beginning – Sarkodie (+Video)

We didn’t take coronavirus seriously from the beginning – Sarkodie (+Video)

Hip-hop and hiplife musician Sarkodie has finally broken his silence on the coronavirus outbreak in Ghana. The rapper who is currently ‘trapped’ in the United States due to the pandemic has advised his fans to take precautions and treat the pandemic with all seriousness. He was addressing his fans through Instagram live video on Thursday, March 19, when he made this statement. According to him, Ghanaians didn’t take the virus seriously from the onset. He said it is getting ‘intense’. “Obviously, you guys know that we are in serious times with this…

MTN revises mobile money transaction

MTN revises mobile money transaction

As part of efforts to support Government’s intervention to control the spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), MTN Mobile Money (MoMo) has implemented some incentives to enable customers adopt MoMo for financial transactions. The initiative, approved by the Bank of Ghana would minimize the risk posed by handling cash. A statement signed and copied to the Ghana News Agency in Accra by Mr Samuel Koranteng, the Corporate Services Executive of the company, said the incentives would take effect from March 20 and end after three months. With the new service,…

Spanish couple hold wedding from their window to beat coronavirus lockdown (+Video)

Spanish couple hold wedding from their window to beat coronavirus lockdown (+Video)

Nearly a year of planning had gone into the day: fresh flowers filled the venue, name cards sat at each of the 190 place settings and the final nips and tucks had been sewn into the bridal gown. What Alba Díaz and Daniel Camino hadn’t anticipated, however, was that their wedding would instead be forced into the confines of Spain’s near-total lockdown, with the bride and groom shouting “I do” as they leaned out of their apartment window, neighbours cheering them on. The improvised ceremony was a bright moment in an…