The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has unveiled 13 professionals as a response team to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the flagbearer of the party, John Dramani Mahama, the team will lead the party’s public advocacy and sensitization activities on the COVID-19, while also collaborating with the government, if need be, on the fight against the pandemic.
This comes immediately after the party’s 3-day fasting and prayer observation which was to invoke the face of God.
A statement signed by the National Communication Officer, Sammy Gyamfi, Sunday March 22, listed the members as follows;
- Hon. Alex Segbefia (Former Minister for Health)
- Professor Margaret Kweku (Public Health Expert & Former Dean of School of Public Health, UHAS).
- Dr. Grace Ayensu-Danquah (Specialist in Disaster Management & Infectious Disease Control & Humanitarian Assistance & Professor of Global Surgery, Ensign School of Public Health)
- Dr. Vida Yarkong (Interdisciplinary Medicine Expert)
- Dr. Jehu Appiah Senior (Medical Consultant & former General Secretary of the Ghana Medical Association)
- Mr. Prosper Bani (Former Minister for the Interior & former Head of UNDP’s Crisis Prevention and Recovery Team for Africa)
- Hon Cassiel Ato Forson (Ranking Member, Parliamentary Committee on Finance and MP for Ajumako-EnyanEsiam Constituency)
- Hon. Kwabena Mintah Akando (Ranking Member, Parliamentary Committee on Health & MP for Juaboso)
- Hon. Dr. Ezanetor Rawlings (Medical Doctor and Member of Parliament for Klottey-Korle Constituency)
- Mrs. Mawuena Trebarh (Communications Specialist)
- Dr. Jonas Asamoah (Public Health Expert, Hawa Memorial Hospital, Osiem)
- Dr. Prosper Akanbong (Physician Consultant and former CEO, Tamale Teaching Hospital)
- Nana Kofi Quakyi (Specialist in Health Economics and Assistant Professor in Public Health)
The NDC assured the people of Ghana it will continue to avail both human resources and rich experience in dealing with similar situations, to the Government in their quest to overcome the deadly COVID-19 disease.