Twelve (12) presidential candidates have been cleared by Ghana’s Electoral Commission to contest the 2020 general elections.
Out of the total of 17 nominees who submitted their nomination forms with the hope of contesting in the polls, five of them have been disqualified.
Akua Donkor pulled the biggest surprise and Ghanaians can’t stop hailing her.
The returning officer for the 2020 presidential election, Jean Mensa announced this at a Press briefing on Monday, October 19, 2020.
Below is the list of the cleared and disqualified Presidential Aspirants :
The 12 Presidential Candidates that have been cleared by the EC to contest for the 2020 general elections are :
- Alfred Walker (Independent)
- Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo (NPP)
- Christian Kwabena Andrews (GUM)
- Bridgette Dzobegnuku (PPP)
- John Dramani Mahama (NDC)
- Akua Donkor (GFP)
- Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings (NDP)
- Hassan Ayariga (APC)
- Ivor Greenstreet (CPP)
- Henry Herbert Lartey (GCPP)
- Kofi Akpaloo (LPG)
- David Apesera(PNC)
The 5 disqualified aspirants are :
- Kofi Koranteng (Independent)
- Marricke Kofi Gane (Independent)
- Akwasi Odike (UPP)
- Kwesi Busumburu (PAP)
- Agyenim Boateng (UFP)
Meanwhile, the EC Chairperson,Jean Mensah explained that the GHc100,000 filing fee will be refunded to the said candidates in line with the rules surrounding the process.