The two coronavirus cases confirmed in Ghana involve a Ghanaian male who flew into the country from Turkey and a male foreign national, Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has said.
He would not, however, reveal his identity nor that of the other patient who came into the country from Norway.
Mr Nkrumah, in various media interviews on Friday, 13 March 2020, said the briefs given him did not mention the names of the two patients.
The patients, he said, have been in the country for about a week.
Ghana confirmed the first two cases on Thursday.
The University of Ghana’s Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research did the tests.
Health Minister Dr Kweku Agyemang-Manu, who broke the news at an emergency press conference Thursday night, said the two patients have been quarantined and are stable.
As of Thursday, 126, 380 coronavirus cases had been recorded across the globe, according to worldometer with 4, 635 deaths.
The disease first broke out in Wuhan, China but has spread through over 100 countries worldwide.
Ghana’s neighbours; Togo, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso and Nigeria have all recorded cases, too.
Just on Wednesday, President Nana Akufo-Addo told the nation that the ministry of finance, upon his orders, has alloted $100 million to the fight against the disease.
He also urged Ghanaians to stop shaking hands and observe basic cough etiquette.