In Anhweaso, Western North Region, a distressing incident occurred at the Bibiani College of Health, resulting in a fire outbreak and the admission of two individuals to the Bibiani Government Hospital. The incident, which took place in the Bibiani Anhweaso Bekwai municipality, has affected a total of 186 students.
Raymond Appiah, the Public Relations Officer of the Bibiani Fire Service, provided details of the incident to Adom News. The fire service received a distress call from the college at approximately 11:06 am, and a team of firefighters promptly responded to the scene.
They were able to contain the fire and prevent it from spreading to other areas. However, three dormitories were unfortunately engulfed in flames, leading to the destruction of personal belongings belonging to the students.
Some of the affected students expressed their dismay over the loss of their mattresses, books, certificates, money, and other valuable items in interviews with Adom News.
They appealed to the authorities for assistance during this difficult time. Additionally, it was reported that the smoke from the fire triggered undisclosed medical conditions in two students, requiring immediate medical attention.
The Municipal Chief Executive for Bibiani Anhweaso Bekwai, Paul Andoh, expressed his concern over the incident and assured that the assembly would make every effort to support the victims and the college as a whole.
The aftermath of the fire outbreak presents significant challenges for the Bibiani College of Health and its students as they strive to recover from their losses.