Connect with us


8y/o boy dies after drinking poisoned palm wine



8y/o boy dies after drinking poisoned palm wine

Tragedy struck in Bantama, Awutu Senya West District of the Central Region, as an unfortunate incident claimed the life of an eight-year-old boy. The young boy’s demise was a result of consuming poisoned palm wine.

According to eyewitnesses who shared their accounts with Adom News, it is suspected that the palm wine had been deliberately contaminated with poison by the tapper. The tapper allegedly had concerns about individuals stealing his wine.

Mercy Acquah, the deceased boy’s aunt, recounted how she witnessed the child in distress and immediately rushed him to Awutu Bontrase Health Center for assistance. Upon examination, medical personnel suspected poisoning and referred the case to the Winneba Trauma and Specialist Hospital for further treatment. Unfortunately, the young boy passed away on the way to the referral hospital.

Mercy Acquah revealed that an examination conducted later confirmed that the palm wine, which the boy had consumed before his death, contained poisonous substances.

Authorities were promptly notified of the incident, and the Awutu Bereku police command visited the scene. The remaining palm wine samples were collected as evidence and sent to the hospital for testing, which revealed that all the wines in the farm had been tainted with poison.

The tapper has been apprehended and is cooperating with the ongoing investigations into the tragic incident.

Source: AdomOnline

Continue Reading